1. The breeder guarantees that the puppy is in good health, has had its first round of immunizations (upper respiratory and distemper), has been dewormed (At 3 weeks and 6 weeks), and had a thorough exam done by a licensed vet by the time the buyer takes possession. Buyer has three business days to take the puppy to a veterinarian for an examination. If the puppy is found to be in poor health (parvo, kennel cough, malnourished), the buyer has the option of returning the puppy to the seller, at buyer’s cost, for a full refund. The buyer will provide a written statement from a licensed veterinarian clearly stating defect or illness. If the puppy is not taken to a licensed veterinarian within the three business days, the health warranty is void.
2. The seller provides this warranty for 1 year after the date of sale against any debilitating congenital defects. In the event the puppy exhibits symptoms of a suspected debilitating congenital defect, the buyer must supply any requested veterinary records to the seller within seven days of informing the seller of the defect. The seller has the right to require a second opinion from a veterinarian of the seller’s choice at the seller’s expense. If the puppy is euthanized or in any way disposed of, without a second opinion from the seller’s veterinarian, the buyer waives all rights to a replacement puppy.
3. This warranty does not include and viral illness (parvo and kennel cough, rabies, hepatitis), pneumonia, hernias, fleas/ticks, worms, improper bites, hypoglycemia, giardia or coccidosis. it also does not include any illness due to the ingestion of foreign objects, food, chemicals or physical injury.
4. If it is determined the puppy does have a genetic disorder that is identified within one year of purchase, the buyer has the option of a replacement puppy from the next available litter. Your puppy need not be returned to us provided there is documented support of medical condition. Shipping fees will not be refunded, and if it becomes necessary to ship a replacement puppy, those fees are to be paid by the buyer.
5. If the puppy should die from a suspected congenital defect within the 12 months of its date of purchase, an autopsy must be performed at the buyer’s expense by a licensed veterinarian acceptable to the seller’s own veterinarian. If the autopsy shows a congenital defect as the reason of the death, the seller will provide another puppy of equal value to the buyer. A written statement from the Veterinarian must be provided. This warranty is void in the event of an undetermined or inconclusive diagnosis.
1. The buyer agrees to pay the seller a total sum of _______ for Golden Retriever. This fee does not include shipping, if shipping is required.
2. The buyer bears all costs relating to the sale of the above animal, including transportation. The risk of loss or injury to the above animal is on the buyer at all times after the dog leaves the seller.
3. The buyer agrees that their Retriever will be housed indoors majority of the day. Should the outside temperatures are extreme hot or cold, the pet should be brought inside.
4. The buyer agrees to keep their Retriever at a healthy weight.
5. The buyer agrees to make and keep annual veterinary appointments for their Retriever, keep all immunizations current according to the guidelines of the American Veterinary Medical Association and properly administer heartworm preventative medication.
6. The seller highly recommends providing basic obedience training with their Retriever puppy within the first year of owning their dog.
7. The buyer agrees to contact the seller within 24 hours if the buyer determines they are unable to keep their Retriever for any reason. The puppy will be surrendered back to the seller with 50% refund.
9. The buyer agrees to never place the Retriever in a shelter, pound, or similar facility or research laboratory.
10. Buyer understands that stress related diarrhea is common and treatable. We do not consider external or internal parasites an illness, as they are common in puppies. At times, coccidiosis can be caused from the stress of the new home/environment. We recommend that the puppy should be taken to the vet if diarrhea is noticed for over 72 hours.
11. The Buyer agrees and understands to keep their puppy at home and away from other puppies/dogs, any public places, parks and will use care in allowing others from outside their home to pet or touch the puppy. This is to protect the puppy from exposure to Parvovirus and other infectious illnesses. Puppies are not 100% safe from disease until all 4 rounds of Distemper has been administered. Buyer will not enroll the puppy in obedience training classes until all immunizations are completed – usually at 16 to 20 weeks of age, according to their veterinarian’s schedule. Seller is not responsible for any viral illness that occurs after leaving seller's home. This is due to the puppy not having a complete series of vaccinations yet and is the buyers responsibility to protect the puppy from illnesses.
*12. The buyer agrees to have their puppy spayed/neutered at appropriate age recommended by veterinarian (i.e. 1 years) and to provide documentation (by fax/email) from the vet of procedure completed. Buyer Initials: ___________
Buyer understands that all puppies exhibit certain undesirable behaviors (nipping, chewing, barking, marking, playful biting/nipping/aggression etc). Buyer is responsible for appropriate training of puppy to correctly teach acceptable behaviors, and is responsible for proper socialization of puppy.
FULL AND FINAL AGREEMENT
The parties agree that this writing represents the entire Agreement between them and that no other representations, either oral or written have been made regarding the dog described above. The parties further agree that no changes in this contract shall be binding upon either of them without written modifications signed by both parties.
A. Owner agrees and understands that, in the event of a dispute regarding this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be solely responsible for all attorneys' fees, costs, and expenses associated therewith.
B. This agreement and all claims or causes of action arising hereunder shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Virginia, excluding its conflicts of laws provisions, and in the event of a dispute arising under this Agreement, the Parties hereby submit to exclusive jurisdiction in the federal or state courts located in Powhatan, Virginia, and agree that venue is proper and convenient in such forum.
This agreement pertains to one ___________________, whelped on: / / 2022.
Sex: ______________________________ Color: ________________________
Sire: _____________________________ Dam: _________________________
Purchase Price: $ _______ Date _________________
Purchased by _______________________________________
Seller Kimberly Kutz
SELLER’S signature and date:
BUYER’S signature and date: